Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quick and Easy Craft for Girls Who are Beyond Crayons AND can use Hot Glue Guns



Yes. Long title. Well here it goes. I made this little purse back when I was in maybe later elementary or middle school? I started out with a boring little pouch.


I then took a large enough piece of lace to cover both sides and cut it down a bit and rounded the edges all pretty. I hot glued it at the top and let the sides dangle (with this particular pouch I needed to be able to lift the lace to reach the zipper). I then added some lace edges to hide the zipper and make it look cute.


Then came the ribbon for a handle followed by ribbon around the top to hide where the handle was attached. For a last and final touch I added a tiny fake flower to the handle...


Of course there are many different ways a craft like this can be done. This is just one of many options. Something like this allows a girl to really explore her creative side and feel mature because it is a bit more sophisticated than paper and crayons. You can go to a craft store and just see what kind of cheap little fabrics and nick-nacks they have that could be of use. Or even check scraps you have at home already! There is no telling what you could end up with if you know where to look. Be creative and have fun with it!!

If this inspired a craft of your own, let me know. I'd love to hear all about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment