Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Broken Heart



So when you have such a messy room as I did growing up, breaking things is inevitable. Fortunately I am not superstitious because with the amount of mirrors I have stepped on and broke, I would have bad luck for the next few decades. Most of the time I did not care too much. This one mirror though was pretty nice though. it was a weird squished oval shape with a handle and it was salon quality. It was a gift from my mom so of course I felt bad when I broke it... When I was cleaning out the mess I saw that some of the pieces broke in some pretty cool shapes. I played around with it for a little while and then grabbed some sticky tack and this is what I ended up with.


While it might not work out so well if I tried to duplicate it, I was really happy with how it turned out. I love having mirrors in my room. The way they reflect the light, it just makes everything brighter and lovely! I ended up taking the mirror down when I had to repaint the walls and I still miss it to this day... I did however cut my hand really badly on the sharp edge as it came down.... So yeah. If you ever try to do something like this, broken mirrors and broken glass are actually sharp and dangerous. Who would have guessed. So go make something beautiful out of a stupid mistake! Let me know if you create something awesome that you want to brag about!

No comments:

Post a Comment